In the whole business of cryptocurrencies, wallet represents the most important tool you have for securing and protecting you coins. Let continue with the explanation what Litecoin wallets is. Wallet is something where you keep you coins, just like physical wallet. We have more than one kind of wallets, let\'s start with digital or so called e-wallet. You can observe e-wallet as e-mail address but instead of sending and receiving messages, you are sending and receiving Litecoins. It is not most recommended option because you are literally keeping your assets on some external server and someone can hack the companies servers and steal your coins. Second type of the wallet are Desktop/mobile wallet, your coins are stored on your devices for example laptop. This kind of wallets are safer than e-wallet because someone need to physical access your computer to steal your coins. The best choices if you are considering buying wallets is Hardware wallet, a small piece of hardware that connects to your computer via USB portal and allowing you to send and receive coins.
Top 5 Litecoin wallets available
- Trezor is a hardware wallet and Bitcoin, Dash and Litecoin and others cryptocurrencies can be stored on it.
- Ledger Nano S is probably the best wallets around. It is a hardware wallet, and on this wallet you can secure your Litecoin, Dogecoin, Bitcoin, Dash and Ethereum. It is very similar to the Trezor.
- Litecoin-QT is a free desktop wallet for Litecoin. If you are using desktop wallets, please don\'t forgot that all of your asset are now stored on your Laptop or PC.
- Jaxx is a desktop and mobile wallet developed for Bitcoin and altcoin as well.
- Exodus - the main characteristic of this wallet is design. On Exodus you can protect your Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies.
- Liteaddress.org is kind of service that will generate a Litecoin key and address for you. It is a offline wallet.
Before selecting your Litecoin wallet, or any cryptocurrency wallet, first need to get knowledge about concept of wallets at all. Do the research from a reliable resources.