Bitcoin is the first successful cryptocurrency ever, developed in the 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto. It is a decentralized currency and the main idea of Bitcoin is to make online payment easier without third side. The main factor of Bitcoin price is adoption rate and even there are more than 2000 cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin lead the sector. By the study released in April 2017 by the Cambridge Centre for Alternative finance, we could see that there is approximately 5,8 million active users of cryptocurrencies in the world and Bitcoin holding 72% of market. There are more than one factor that influence level of adoption rate but as a number one factor we can suggest governments and its regulation. These days more and more countries are banning cryptocurrencies because cryptocurrencies are threat for traditional financial system and when something is illegal, people will avoid it. The UK is one of the most Bitcoin friendly country and UK\'s government\'s stance on Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies has been generally one of support.
How to Buy Bitcoin in UK
Some of the most popular exchanges to buy Bitcoin are:
- Coinbase - The most popular and largest exchanges for the Bitcoin trading started operating with the UK in 2015.
- Blockchain - It is revolutionary technology and platform easy to use, with more than 8 million wallets
- IQ option - award winning trading platform now available
- Revolut - more than 400000 customers in the UK allowing to trade BItcoin for more than 35 currencies
- Coinfloor - London exchange and broker with the accent on security
There are also many providers of Bitcoin credit cards:
- CryptoPay - Allows spending Bitcoin is physical shops and online
- BitPay - Allows you to accept Bitcoin payments from friends or client
- SpectroCoin - VISA debit car which can be used in any ATM globally
How to Spend Bitcoin in UK
TakeAway.com is website with the over 7500 restaurants where you can get your food to your home and pay with the Bitcoin. Makers Academy is providing educational services, 3 month computer programming courses could be paid with Bitcoin and also more than 350 physical stores are accepting Bitcoin as a regular payment method.